Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Hand Towel 2 Toddler Bib

I love decorating... and redecorating... again... and again...
I like changing my decor for the seasons. I have fun crafting and creating new and fun things in my home. But with each holiday and season that passes I always have extra hand towels. Hand towels are inexpensive and I love matching them to my different bathroom or kitchen decor.
A few summers ago I had a blue, black and white beach theme in the kids bathroom.
When I switched things up I had a few blue hand towels left over. I never throw things away, I either reuse them in a different area of the house, upcycle them into something else, or give them to my friends.
For the blue hand towels, I decided I could very easily turn these into a perfect toddler bib, for my then 2 year old son. (This upcycle is from upcycles past, but still wanted to share it on the blog.)

Look how short his hair was?? and the hand towel reached all the way to his toes!
So this was perfect. He was too big for bibs yet still needed them, heck he is almost 4 and can still use these. They stay nice in the wash and are super cute. Since then I have made more from old hand towels. They are perfect for art and painting time too.
I just stitched a ribbon to each side of the towel, so that they could tie to different lengths. I also added buttons to the front because this towel was a little boring! You can be as creative as you want with this project.

Have fun with upcycling your old hand towels into cute and creative bibs.

No comments:

Post a Comment