Thursday, May 12, 2011

Lacing Beads, Computer Games and Wii

We have had a good week. The kids are happy as ever and for that I am very thankful!
Troy is learning more and more. I really feel like since we have started him on a gluten free diet his mind is clear and he is able to focus better. I am shocked at how he has changed now that his little body and brain have been able to absorb nutrients in what he eats. In the last three months, he has learned his numbers, shapes, colors, and alphabet, he is singing songs and nursery rhythms like never before. He even speaks better, he understands more too, have to be careful what we say in front of him. He has never been able to figure out lacing cards or lacing beads and today I pulled them out during activity time. He said, "no, those are Sophi's. I can't do those."
I told him I would show him how and I bet he could do them.
Sure enough... he was a bead lacing fool!

He was so proud on wore his little bead necklace until bedtime.
Sophia has been loving the whole 'summer vacation' thing... no school = time to play on the computer!

This girl loves playing on the computer! I love that everything she enjoys doing is educational! We found some really neat websites for her to play and learn on and I'm all for it.
We do limit the computer/TV/video game time in our house to 1 hour a day. Usually in 30 minute intervals. Sophia usually watches TV for 30 minutes in the morning and Troy plays on the Wii. Then again in the afternoons they play for 30 minutes, Sophia usually plays on the computer and Troy on the Wii.... have I mentioned that Troy loves the Wii. I picked up 'Marvels Super Hero Squad on clearance at Target and Troy LOVES it.. sometimes a little too
much, thus the one hour limit.

We took a trip to downtown Disney yesterday, I'll blog about that and post pictures tomorrow...
I am worn out tonight. Plus, a handsome guy is waiting to watch a movie with me tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment