Monday, May 16, 2011

scrap fabric and old frame

What crafty girl doesn't have some extra fabric laying around?
A few weeks ago this fabric was calling my name. I had no idea what to do with it. So I thought about making another "M" pillow for our couch. I want to make some bigger, squishy pillows for our living room, some pillows that the kids can lay on. I didn't really have that much green fabric though.
I had an old frame in the garage and spray painted it navy blue and decided to combine them for some "M" art in my kitchen. My little coffee corner needed something.
I wish I had a before picture.... but here it is.

I just ironed on the the "M" stitched around the sides, added the flowers with extra fabric (which I've been wanting to try) now, I'm not sure how long this will stay here but I like it for now. I may add some batting between the frame backing and the fabric because in this picture I noticed how 'loose' the fabric looks. But it was fun, easy, quick, and free. Gave my old frame and extra fabric new life. And that's the joy of upcycling because you don't have to feel bad when we redecorate 4 times a year like I do, because it didn't cost much of anything to begin with!

No comments:

Post a Comment