Friday, May 27, 2011

not too high

I was driving in the car with my little ones.
We were driving to my favorite place on earth. My parents farm... down that dirt road... it is the only place that really feels like home.
Only a short drive from where we live now, a few minutes in the car.
The clouds looked like white cotton floating against the ocean blue sky.
I wasn't the only one who noticed it.
Sophia says, "Mommy, how do we know God is up there? We can't see Him."
She has been asking this kind of thing a lot lately. A question that comes with age, although I wasn't expecting her to ask just yet.
We have talked a lot about faith, about the disciples, evidence that supports Jesus walked with man on this Earth, we talk about heaven, and how God is preparing a place for us, what a joyful day it will be when He calls His children home.
I smiled and told her God is always watching us.
Troy sat quietly and said, "Sophi, He is up there, so high we can't see Him, but not too high so He can hear us."
...mouth of babes.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for
and certain of what we do not see. -Hebrews 11:1

No comments:

Post a Comment