Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Weekend

Wonderful, family filled, Memorial Weekend.
Saturday Sophia had her photo shoot for the CURE fundraising events we are going to be involved in. We went and had lunch with my momma, hotdogs and cheese grits. Then home for nap time, it was already a busy day. We invited my brother, his wife, and their daughters over to swim and have dinner with us. I honestly don't think we have ever had them over like that for no reason. Life is so busy, we are always on the move, seems like we get together a lot but it's usually for someone's birthday, a holiday, or some special occasion. It was nice to get together with no agenda. We went swimming, ate pizza, the kids played and played. We ended up introducing them to our favortie dice game, Farkle. If you never played I totally recommend looking it up. So fun! We laughed until we cried, well Denise and I laughed until we cried. We had a great evening with them.
Sunday was church and then out to lunch. We went to a Japanese steak house called KiKus... yummy! We had never been there before but since then I've been craving sushi!!! We will def go back again soon! Sunday was a lazy day. I finished a final for school, I didn't want to have to spend Memorial Day doing homework, so I spent Sunday doing it. I think I stayed up until 2am getting it all finished.... it was my last bachelors class, I'm officially in the masters program now!!
Monday- Memorial Day- we knew we would be spending the day with Tony's dad, but didn't know what we would be doing. Tony's mom is out of town visiting her family, so we knew we wanted to do something with the lonely dad that day. Marco invited us over for BBQ and that is something Marco does very well, grill. Everything he makes on a grill is delish! I was glad he decided to BBQ. It was weird being at the house without Tony's mom. She is normally running around trying to get the table set, she loves for things to be nice for us when we come. She's be wearing her apron running from one side of the kitchen to the other.... Tony and I both felt out of place without her there, doing her thing. After we ate we went over to the spring, we found craw-dads and some little minnows for the kids to investigate. Tony found a snapping turtle. I was surprised how much Jazzy-Bell loved swimming, she put on quite the show. It was a hot day, I guess she wanted to stay cool.
And not forgetting the reason for the day.... remember our service men and women.
All gave some,
Some gave all.....

Hope everyone had a good and safe Memorial Day Weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment