Friday, June 20, 2008

Brokenness

*Picture of Sophia and Grandaddy. Wanted to share.


OK, so no surprise to some (Angie) but the 'movie' I watched last night was the Cross Point Video from Angie's blog. If you haven't watched it yet... oh my, it's a good one! I will link it to you at the bottom of this blog. It is 22 minutes but totally worth it. I have been meaning to watch it for sometime now, but I am glad I watched it when I did. Isn't it strange how God puts things in our path at just the right time. I had started the video a number of times in the past couple weeks, only to be interrupted with a phone call, or the children needing something... something always seemed to distract me. But last night with the children sleeping and Tony working out in the garage I found the perfect opportunity to watch and really be touched by the message of the video. Thank you Angie and Todd for sharing your story.


Just a quick thought that really touched me was when Angie said that God doesn't have a Plan B, we do but this was His plan all along. I found so much comfort in that... the control freak that I am, when I am out of control knowing that God is in control and that this is His plan.. mine or not... is so comforting to me. Having a real trust in God makes this comfort so safe. When you put your trust in God knowing that He will be with you. It makes the journey, situation, instance, or circumstance livable. Letting go of my plan and being in His mercy and His grace.... what a soft place to rest.

Thank you, Lord, for being my soft place. Thank you for putting your arms around me, holding me, even when I don't understand the direction... Thank you for being all knowing. Thank you for breaking me so that I will cling to you 'and not let you go until you bless me' Thank you



My devotional this morning was about 'brokenness' what a great topic after watching that video. The devotional was titled "He Breaks Us to Make Us" it was the story in Genesis 32:22-32 about Jacob wrestling with God in the form of a man. To sum it up... God may break our hearts so that we will make room for him in the midst of the brokenness. Jacob's response to God's tough love was to cling to Him and earnestly pray, "I will not let you go unless you bless me" God breaks us physically, emotionally, spiritually so that we will discover that God's strength is perfect in our weakness.


Well, Sophi has woke up and is eating pretzel sticks watching My Little Pony is my bed. Troy is still sleeping sound, wish he slept like that last night! Teething! UGH!

Have a good weekend!! Tomorrow we are off to the zoo... fun!
Here are the links to the Cross Point Video.. there are three of them because I couldn't find the whole thing in one....
Hope those work... it's totally worth watching!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment