Thursday, June 26, 2008

catching up

Sophia had the EEG, we haven't got the results back yet, I am going to call the neurologist this afternoon if they don't call me. I hate that about doctors. I understand that they have a ton of patients but each parent waits to hear the results of their child's test.

Sophia did great. She is so brave. It was so good that Lana went with me because Sophia was ready for a nap at 11, and the test wasn't until 2, Lana brought playdoh and sat in the back and played with her, kept her awake. Lana was great! Thanks sis!
We got to the doctor's office and a new technician came out and called Sophi's name. It was a creepy looking, but very nice man. Sophia looked scared, it not being one of the ladies. I smiled, grin and bare it, took her back and told her Mr. Armand was a prince... she wasn't buying it! I told her she was going to sleep in her princess bed and get to wear her crown... he told her "I am going to preform your EEG now, don't worry it doesn't hurt, now I am going to put glue in your hair and stick the electrodes onto your scalp..." GREAT BUDDY! Good going! She laid there and watched Dora while he got all the things on her head. Then he wrapped her head with gauze to keep the electrodes attached. I told her it was her crown.. he said "now I am going to wrap your head in a bandage"-AH! Come on people, she is two! It was so hard to watch her be so brave. Most times the EEG techs are women who play into the whole princess thing and really make her feel as comfortable as possible, but this guy, he just didn't get it! It was tough. I hate that she is so little and is expected to be so brave, but she meets every challenge head on and always exceeds our expectations. She is awesome. Mr. Armand turned off the light and told her "I will now preform the strobe test, and a bright light will flash in your eyes.." I told her we had to smile and the light was going to take our picture, it's not my first rodeo! I laid next to her while the light flashed in our eyes and I smiled and said cheese... she just laid there not smiling. Oh no, I was hoping she wouldn't get upset... when it was over he turned off all the other lights and told her it was time to go to sleep. I laid next to her and she rubbed my hair, I was trying to be there for her but she found comfort in holding me, comforting me. She is so sweet. She started to whimper and I asked her if she was scared, she said 'no mommy' I said do you want me to sing you a song 'no mommy'... we just laid there she never cried out loud but little tears rolled down her cheeks like little rivers. It broke my heart. I just prayed... God answered... she fell asleep quickly, they completed the test, took the electrodes off her head, and we left... she slept until we were outside of the office. Thank God that's over.
I didn't think it was necessary but next time I will request one of the other techs do her EEGs, Mr. Armand was great at his job, but not for a two year old little baby girl. On the way home we stopped and got ice cream. She loved that. We got home and picked up Troy from Nonnie's house (he slept almost the whole time we were gone) Thanks Nonnie for keeping our boy. Then she got a shower and we washed all the wax out of her hair. I hate that sticky stuff.
When I put her to bed that night I was so glad the day was over.
Since, we have just been hanging out at the house. Yesterday we didn't do anything- it was great! Today we are hanging out at the house and going to Target in a bit, the kids are napping, when they get up we'll go. Troy needs new bottles... should be a fun outing, I think Nonnie is going to come with us. Tony starts college tonight, he wants to go back for his AA.. he has taken a few classes off and on but he really seems ambitious about it this time. Good Luck!
I just want to thank everyone who has read and prayed and loved our children with us. Thank you. You are so appreciated. If you have any prayer needs please let me know.. I'd love to pray with you. If you don't want to post your prayer needs publicly you can always email me at tonyhollymartinez@yahoo.com. Love to you all.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, how frustrating! It seems that every doctors office always has one social moron who just doesn't get it, huh? I'm so sad that she had tears rolling down her cheeks ~sigh~ my eyes just welled up with tears thinking about it. As I tell Garrett, tomorrow's a brand new day, brand new sun, brand new start. Now go sleeping and forget about everything that's made you unhappy today. I'm glad she's all done with that darn test, too! But, hey, good job keeping her awake for so long!
    I'm still Praying for good results -- if you can ever manage to pry them away from the doc!
    Hugs & Blessings!
    Good luck, Tony!

    ReplyDelete