Saturday, June 28, 2008

Choo Choo Soul

Have you ever seen the show 'Choo Choo Soul' on the Playhouse Disney?? I love that show! I love the music, the colors, you'd think I was a 3 year old child when that show comes on. (I guess if you'd seen it, it's not really a show, more like a music video type thing that comes on between the shows- anyway, you get it). This morning Sophi, Troy and I were laying on the couch in the living room watching TV. It was nice, it was one of the first times we were all there together and no one was screaming, pinching, fussing, or trying to get away. I have dreamt of mornings like this, where we are all together and quiet and happy... granted it didn't last more than a couple minutes but it felt like a dream! We were snuggled up under one of my knotted fleece blankets (more to come on those later). Sophia was sharing her Ellie with Troy (Ellie, is a pink elephant from Gund, that I got as a shower gift before Sophia was born and since birth she has loved her elephant, who after many name changes she now calls Ellie). Now, this in itself was a miracle because Ellie doesn't get shared with anyone- it's one of those special toys and it the one exception to the 'share' rule. It normally stays in Sophi's bed so that 'Bruder' doesn't get it.. but this morning she would hand it to Troy, he would snuggle with it, then he would hand it back to her.. they did this back and forth about six times. It was really cute.
Back to 'Choo Choo Soul'... it came on the television, and if you've seen it, it's impossible not to sing along to 'all aboard the choo choo train, all aboard the choo choo train, all aboard, all aboard...'
I was singing along, quite soulfully if I might add, and I guess I disrupted the peace because Troy started yelling, not crying, yelling 'AHHH...' and crawled right off the couch onto the floor... and Sophi took my face in her little hands and in the sweetest voice said 'it's ok honey, don't sing, let the girl on tv do that'. Her tone was the same as a mother talking to a child who just lost the potato sack race in 3rd grade (another story for another day). 'It's just not for you mommy', she said then let me face go and sat next to me rubbing my arm, like I needed to be consoled.
I almost died right there on the couch- so, I guess my soulful morning voice disrupted the peace of our quiet morning and my miracle was over. Now, they are playing around the house and Sophi brought Ellie to me because 'Bruder was trying to eat her' and I am getting my coffee and building up the courage to get these kids dressed.
Hope everyone has a happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. That is HILARIOUS!! No singing Mom, not for you, not like that!
    Ugh, I love her!!
    My cup overflows hearing you say it feels like a dream =) What a beautiful picture your words paint. Lucky Mommy ;)

    ReplyDelete