Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Birthday Time!

These are pictures from Sophia's second Birthday Party.


Daddy and Sophia
Mommy, totally about to pop- 4 weeks before Troy was born, I was holding my friends daughter, Gracie.
My beautiful girl on her birthday. With double ear infections, you never would have known.

This is the week leading up to Sophia's fabulous third birthday. Her birthday is Monday, but we will be having a weekend filled with activities for a princess. Starting Saturday morning all the girls in our family (I mean all of the girls, my mom, Tony's mom, my aunt, my cousin, my grandma, my sister...) are heading out for a princess morning where our little princess will get her to wear her princess Cinderella dress, get her hair, nails, and glitter makeup done by her own Fairy God Mother... she is thrilled to say the least. Then all the girls will have lunch together. Upon arriving home we will have Princess Cinderella and Prince Charming cake and ice cream. Daddy and Troy have the job of decorating the dining room while we are gone, think they can handle that!?

Then, Sunday my mom has bought tickets to go see a special Disney Princess show. Sophia's cousin, Gracie is going to go with us, and I thought Sophia was going to hop out of her princess panties when I told her that news, literally. She loves her cousin, Gracie. Gracie is my brother's four year old daughter, she's a sweetie and Sophia adores her.

Not finished yet- Monday I will be bringing a Dora Cake and the biggest Dora balloon I can find to her school. That part is a surprise though.

If you can't tell we love birthdays around here.

This is how I see it... once a year, one day (maybe three days) out of 365 days per year you can make your child, yourself, your spouse, anyone know how important, how special, how adored they are. I love it! I want birthdays to be memorable.

This wonderful occasion also makes me think back at the past three years. The past two birthdays... her first party was an extravaganza we had three kiddie pools, sprinklers, all kinds of fun stuff in the yard and a ton of people over for a rain forest themed party. Each kid got a beach bucket filled with snacks and toys to take home. She had pink and purple glitter cupcakes made by mommy and Aunt Lana; remember the one who lives in an ant hole?

Her second birthday was beautifully decorated with pink and white balloons, we had a DJ come with kids music and bubble makers. It was awesome! I am thinking about using him for Troy's birthday party this year. It was so fun. The kids who came got to take home little ceramic animals that they painted at the party. Everyone loved the DJ!! It was great. We ate pink cake with white icing. It was so much fun. I am so looking forward to making memories like this for Troy, who will be one on October 18th.

Not only is it time to celebrate their life... but their birth! Not an easy task bringing a baby into the world. Even harder to raise them.. let's bask in the celebration of every year.

Let's also pray that last year's birthday seizure doesn't repeat itself. The morning after her party she had a seizure that ended us in children's hospital. I hate to remember that but we will take the good with the bad and lucky for us we have plenty of good.

Oh- and tonight is the first night of ballet. We are celebrating with mac-n-cheese and chicken sticks for dinner, then bathes, then off to ballet! You will be hearing about that tomorrow! :)


2 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo for birthday months!! Happy almost birthday little princess! Hope your ballet class was a smash, sweet girl! I look forward to seeing photos of you dancing =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophi is one of the most adorable little girls I have EVER seen!!! I love those pictures from her second birthday.

    ReplyDelete