Monday, September 15, 2008

Disinfection

Before my "disinfection blog" pictures from Saturday's soccer game...



This is not new information but I am a bit of a germaphobe. Not so much a germaphobe but I am afraid of the kids being sick. I hate nothing more than having a sick child. Especially, Sophia, I feel so helpless when she is sick. So on edge, just waiting for a seizure. With her epilepsy, when her immune system is down she has a higher risk for having seizures. Thus, my germy phobia...

The kids are in school two mornings per week. When they come home I feel the need to bathe them as soon as they get home. Typically, I pick them up before lunch time. I bring them food so they eat lunch in the car so they don't fall asleep. My kids love sleeping in the car, which is great when we are going on long trips- not so great when I need to get 5 minutes from the grocery store to the house and they fall asleep and then refuse to nap the rest of the day. It's those dang, comfortable, Britax carseats. Usually, they eat good and Troy starts fading as we pull into the subdivision but I am able to wiggle is feet long enough to keep him awake until we get home. Sophia pretends that she is falling asleep just for laughs. She turns her head to the side and closes her eyes and says 'look mommy'. What a stinker. When we get home it is so funny how the kids know the 'routine' they go and sit on the gym mats by Tony's workout bench, they wait for me to take their shoes off. Sophia sometimes tries to get hers off, normally she waits for me and says "I can't get them off". Then, they go in the laundry room (the dirtiest part of our house) and take their clothes off... then they run naked into their bathroom to get in the shower. It's so funny that they know right were too go. Today when I got them bathed and dressed and ready for their naps, Sophia asked me "Mommy, are we disinfected now?" OH- my poor child. I have ruined her. :)

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute how Sophi asked if she was disinfected, LOL. I love the pictures! Sophi looks like a good soccer player! I can tell Troy wants to get out there on the field LOL. Tell them I said hi I really miss you guys and I want to come this week!

    Thank you so much Holly for all of your prayers. As you can tell from my blog they're working LOL. I am so excited/happy! And glad to have you and my mom to talk about this. It really means a lot to me! I am so lucky to know you! Thank you so much again and yeah...God's will is happening I think :)

    I think I found the key to life!! Pray that God takes you and makes you into what He wants. That is the true key to the happiness of life I think!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I could TOTALLY picture Sophi prentending to fall asleep in the car! That is so funny! Aww. I love your purple shirt, too, it's really cute! Man you all are so cute. LOL.

    Also, that IS really funny about his sister being Sophi's only babysitter before me, and how you've known him so long!
    He is the still the cutest, sweetest, little guy, except he is grown up... LOL. It must be kind of weird for you to think that huh?
    :)

    ReplyDelete