Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday-playgroup and doctor appointment

Today was another busy day. We had playgroup this morning, today was "ice cream sundae day". I think Sophia enjoyed the ice cream more than anyone, she has such a sweet tooth. They took great naps today, playgroup is great for naps. Especially Troy he loves running around with the other kids. I am in awe of him. He is so physical. He wants to do just what his sister and her friends are doing. There are some other little ones there and he loves all the kids but he follows the older kids all around and laughs at them and just enjoys watching. Soccer is tomorrow and it is getting hard to keep him off the field. He will love it when he is old enough to participate in things like that.
Sophia had a doctor appointment this afternoon. When they got up from their nap we went over to the pediatrician's office. Sophia has been having trouble with her right eye again. When she was a baby she had a blocked tear duct and continued until she was two and right before we were going to the procedure to fix it, it went away. It was clear for about 5 or 6 months and has been giving her trouble again. Now, since she is 3 we went in and they put her on drops for 10 days to clear up any infection that might be in her eye because she rubs it constantly then we will go to a pediatric opthomologist in about 4 weeks for a follow up and to possibly schedule the procedure. Our doctor said he thought it was a partial blockage but it still needs to be taken care of just because of the infections that they can get when they rub their eyes. The tears are also irritating the skin under the eye... needless to say it needs to be taken care of. She is going to fight these drops though- ugh!
He also is going to help us get a second opinion from another neurologist. I think they are going to send her to another hospital too. I told him about the 'episode' on Monday and he said that it defiantly sounded like something that needed attention and he was very happy that I was willing to get a second opinion. He documented it as a 'possible seizure?' saying that he didn't know for sure what was going on with her but knew that it wasn't normal behavior. I was just glad to hear someone agreeing with me. The way she can be so 'out of it' one minute and so fine the next always confuses me and causes me to second guess myself.
After the doctor we went and visited my mom at her work. She is an RN and Sophia loves going to the hospital to see my mom. She feels so at home there.. LOL. We ate dinner in the cafeteria. Funny, our out to dinner trip was to eat hospital food. haha
Well, I have to run- soccer tomorrow, then the kids are going to spend the night with my mom so Tony and I will have a break! Don't yet know what we are going to do, but I am trilled to have some alone time with him. <3
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment