Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Update on mom and grandma

I just wanted to give an update. Thank you for praying and your emails of concern.
Grandma went home today. They did not do open heart. She is too high risk and has some drug allergies that would complicate surgery. I went and saw her today before she was discharged. She was in good spirits and said she was going to "live the rest of my life, however long I have left." It was nice to go see her. I went while the kids were in school and it was nice to visit just the two of us. The kids are such a distraction.
Mom, well, she ended up having pneumonia. She is in the hospital and will be there until at least Friday. She is going for chest xrays and breathing treatments. She is doing good though. I went and saw her today too. She and grandma are in the same hospital so that made things easy. She is doing good. My mom is a busy person. If she wasn't in the hospital laid up in a bed she'd be working and going nonstop. She doesn't know her limits so I am glad they have her stuck in the hospital. She is healing and getting some good rest. She is already planning to be back downstairs on Monday (she works in the operating room).
So, that's that.
I have a nasty head cold, again! It hit me this afternoon, fever and all. I am just hoping Sophia and Troy stay healthy. Believe me I am pumping them full of vitamin C and yes Mich. I'll be heading to the health food store tomorrow for your secret virus remedy!
Hope everyone is having a good week.
Again, thanks for the prayers. God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, sweetheart, I'm sorry it's such a yucky week. I have had you and your family very close in my thoughts this week reading all that's going on in your world. I hope you get to feeling better very quickly - don't let this turn into something else. My Prayers over all of you (Mama & Grandma, 'specially!)
    Love & Hugs...

    ReplyDelete