Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Happy Tuesday

The kids spent the night with my mom Saturday. Tony and I went and saw the movie House Bunny... stupidly funny. It was cute though and in a ridiculous way it did have a good message. I kept the kids home from school yesterday because I wanted to spend sometime with them after they were gone overnight I missed them. This was only the second time that they have both spent the night away. I also wanted them to catch up on their rest. Troy though, that kid doesn't stop! Before 830am he had made a huge mess in my bedroom... consisting of a plastic cup, water, chocolate sauce, 3 spoons, and a fork (don't ask!), it was a mess! Then while I was cleaning he got it to a package of cotton balls and decided that he should drop them into the dog crate. UGH! By 11am I was asking myself WHY I decided to let them stay home! Sophia took full advantage of it though... asking me, "mommy, can I just wear my pajamas all day and lay in your bed and watch TV?" My little teenager. She would have laid in there all day if I would have let her. We ended up going out to the mall with my friend and her son, so that was fun. Then kids played together at the house for a bit. It ended up being a nice day. I was pretty tired though. I just feel like being tired is becoming a constant state around here! Have I mentioned that Sophia loves Jon and Kate Plus 8, she asked me the other day if Leah could come over to play.
Troy has turned into a sneaky little thing. Yesterday, Tony and I were in the kitchen talking and I saw Troy out of the corner of my eye- he walked over to the table and grabbed a cheeto off of the table took it in his tiny hand and jetted across the room out of the kitchen, into the living room, behind the couch and shoveled that cheeto into his mouth... what a sneaky little cuss. He peeked from behind the couch to see if I saw him. I was looking at him, he smiled at me. He knew he was caught. This morning the kids were outside playing on the patio. The grill is on the patio and the kids know not to go near it. It was a rule that I strictly enforce. Hot or not they don't go near it. They are pretty good about it. Sophia is great. I don't trust Troy though. I was watching him and he would walk near it and look at it then toddle away giggling. I knew he was thinking about touching it. I turned my head and watched him out of the corner of my eye. He walked over to it, looking back at me. He put his hand inches away from the grill and then I turned my head and he put his hand down and walked away acting like he wasn't up to anything. Walking away laughing to himself. He is so funny. He stood by the water hose (that he isn't supposed to play with) and just looked at it, looked at me, then looked away acting like he wasn't up to anything. It's so funny he thinks he is being sneaky and it's totally obvious. He looked out the screen and then reached his hand to grab the hose while acting like he was looking out the screen... "Troy" I said... he walked away laughing clapping his hands.
Sophia has ballet tonight, she was thrilled about that. When she was at soccer on Saturday I caught her numerous times on her tippy toes twirling around. She doesn't seem to trilled with soccer although she is happy when she is there she is more of a cheerleader. After their game she yelled "everyone did a great job today", during the game she was standing on the field hollering "everyone we brought snacks today, so when we are done playing we can all eat, there's enough for everyone!" Tony said she a true sanguine (if you don't know... more on that later). Tonight will be fun.
We have some sickies in our family right now... my grandmother is in the hospital awaiting to see if she will need open heart surgery. I just got a call a few hours ago that my mom who works at the hospital is in the emergency room with a 104 fever and severe headache... I am waiting for a phone call on that. She had gone to work this morning and almost instantly started feeling terrible and they took her over to the ER when she felt so weak that she couldn't walk. They are doing blood work and hoping that she just has bad viral infection or something. Prayers would be appreciated!
Hope everyone is having a happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Holly, I am soo sorry for your grandma and mom! How scary! Please keep my posted! Sending lots of prayers your way and thanks sooo much for yestedays post. And thanks for reminind me on the ballet. As I was reading I remember Paige has ballet at preschool at 5P and I forgot to take her outfit! She is gonna be mad a me!
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying for your grandmother and mom! I hope everything turns out alright! I'm sure it will! It wa so cool seeing you drive by today lol!
    That is so adorable how Sophi wanted to lay in bed all day, "little teenager"!
    I knew Troy would be getting into trouble now that he can walk! LOL :)
    I can't wait to babysit again!!

    ReplyDelete