Saturday, September 13, 2008

My New Do/Sophia's first soccer game



Wednesday I went and got my hair done for my birthday... whoo hooo! I like it but I am still getting used to it. I feel like I have to match my hair with my clothes though ;)

My sweet girl. Naturally she is a ballerina- not such a natural soccer player. But she did seem to have a good time. She said that the boys don't share though. I don't think she quite understood why they were all going after the ball and not sharing it. It was sweet. I didn't get any pictures but I video taped the game. I am going to try and get Tony to put it on youtube and I'll link it. :)

It was hot as heck today! I think it was around 94* during the time of her game. Troy loved being outside but he got a little fed up with not being able to go on the feild. Both the kids were HOT! My mom, my sister, and Aaron also came to support her at her first game. I love having family close. Sophia loved that her Mimi, Auntie Lana, and Aaron came to watch her. Sophia's love language is quality time so things like that mean the world to her. Tony is going to try and get the day off next week so he can come watch. Speaking of quality time Tony is going to spend the entire day with the kids. Sophia is so excited about her special 'daddy day'. I think he is going to take them to Sea World. Where am I? Oh, I am going SHOPPING with NO kids! For the first time... in I dont' know when. This is my birthday present from Tony. I am going to a special event at Ann Taylor Loft.. my favorite place!! To make it even better, Starbucks is catering it! It's like a special event just for Holly!! I am very excited. For my birthday Anne Marie sent me a gift card to American Eagle so lucky me!! I'll go there too. I love that the kids are going to be spending special time with Tony. I am hoping we can do more "daddy days", it's so differnet when I am there and when they are just with Tony. Children need to know that their needs are cared for and it's so important for them to have security in both parents. When we are all together I naturally take over and it's great when Tony can be with them and take care of them. Tony is a great daddy and the kids love him. You can tell when they have had time with daddy that the bond is even stronger than before- especially with Sophia, probably her age. She adores her daddy.

OK, well, now that I have gotten off on another parenting rant- I am going to take my stinky, sweaty self into the shower before the kids get up from there nap. :)


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOUR HAIR!! It looks REALLY cute!! And that is so cute that Sophi is doing ballet! I hope her soccer game went well, and thank you SO much for praying for me - it really means a lot!

    What is funny is that "my friend" and I have said 'I love you' to each other a couple time (because we're so close), and we helped each other out when we liked each other's BFFs! If he is the guy God made for me..well, we'd have the perfect story, lol.

    I will pray for you guys too just because :) I want to come over and visit this week afer cheerleading practice!! I will try to okay!! Tell everyone I said hi!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hair - it's spunky and it looks like it's easy to style, too! You're a brat - I need a new do, I just don't know what kind?!?
    Happy Belated Birthday my friend! Funny how we make such a huge deal over our kiddos buffdays and just kinda let ours sail on past, huh? Wait til you get older - you'll really let them pass without much ado at all! Hope you enjoy your day of shopping - that could really do my soul some good right now - wish I could go with you (minus ALL of our kiddos!).

    ReplyDelete