Friday, September 12, 2008

Sick, Busy, Birthday Week

I guess I wrote on Tuesday about Sophi's birthday and our sickies.. well, for my birthday (which was yesterday) my kiddies gave me their germs. I had been feeling it coming on for a couple days and then for my birthday it came! :) It's ok, I feel alright. As a busy mommy of little ones there isn't much time for me to feel sick. I am resting now while they are napping. I do hear Troy moving around in his crib. Maybe he will settle back down though.
My wonderful family with all the illness and business in our lives they did try and make my birthday a great day. I woke up too Tony and Sophia singing Happy Birthday to me holding a big apple fritter with a pink candle stuck in it. Tony laid Sophia down on the bed with me, she said "Happy Birthday Mommy, now I can eat your doughnut with you?" If there is one thing Sophia loves, it's doughnuts. My goal was to get Troy up and go to the grocery store. I did get to the grocery but it didn't happen as quickly as I would have liked. Troy has learned how to flush the toilets and he thought that would be a great birthday present for me... also getting a hold of a gallon of water and dumping it all over himself and the laundry room floor. I guess he thought a birthday swim was in order as well. We did get to the store though.
A little tradition I started with Sophia and continued this year with Troy... I buy birthday balloons for the kids on my birthday, I don't know why I do this but I do and it's fun. I let them pick them out and they say 'happy birthday' but I let them keep them. So- we bought a purple and green birthday balloon for Sophia and a camo balloon for Troy. They loved it. Sophia told everyone in the grocery store "this is my balloon for mommy's birthday". I love thinking about when she is 17 and Troy is 15 and giving them a balloon on my birthday. HAHA...
I bought myself a cake and some Stouffer's chicken and cheese enchiladas to make for lunch. My sister came over and we ate. Tony's mom joined us from next door, that was nice too. It was a little celebration while we quietly talked and ate while the kids were napping. Then Aaron came over to tell me happy birthday and give me an excellent gift - Starbucks gift card!! He knows what I like! Tony was supposed to have class last night but he ditched to spend the evening with me. It was quite the surprise- he bought me a cake, he was feeling guilty, he didn't know I bought one for myself... the funny thing- he bought me the same cake that I had already bought for myself... it's that funny!? He said, "I just looked and picked the one I thought you'd like best" - CHOCOLATE!! :) We were asleep by 9.. this cold is kicking my butt. The kids make me feel like such a whimp. They handle it so well.
Anyhow, despite the head cold.. it was an excellent birthday.
Tomorrow is Sophia's first soccer game. At this point both the kids are up calling my name and we are going to head to Target to get shin guards for those precious legs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment