Saturday, November 5, 2011

harvest season...

I haven't felt much of the holiday spirit yet, maybe it's the weather (it's been warm), maybe it's too soon in the season, maybe it's the uncertainty of change in the air, maybe it's all the sickness we've been fighting, who knows?

This time of year makes me think about my father, he died November 17, 2002. His birthday was just after Christmas and I always think of him this time of year. I always get a little bit blue during this time of year, early in the season and then it wears off...

Fall festivities began early in October, the fall festival at church, trick or treating with the monsters. I have been busy going and doing but not much feeling...

I just haven't felt like myself and this fall season hasn't felt all warm and "cinnamony" like it normally does. (yes, "cinnamony" is a great word that describes how I feel about fall)

The last two weeks included surgery for my Momma and Grandmomma. They are recovering just fine. Last night I was getting a few groceries for the patients and as I was leaving the store I got a text message from a friend, inviting us for a night of fellowship, celebrating the fall harvest season. I called Tony to see if he was interested in going, he said yes... so we made plans to go.

She didn't know that I had been feeling down. But this gesture of friendship lifted my spirits and was just what I needed...

warmth of the bonfire, good food, fellowship with friends, family and yes... that "cinnamony" kind of feeling.

There is so much to be thankful for, so many blessings... I'm so glad November is here. I love a time when people focus on being thankful and grateful for this life and all that God has provided us with, to Him be the glory.

Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment