Monday, November 14, 2011

a testimony of motherhood

So, I almost feel guilty for following this amazing blog about my husband making this life changing decision to follow Christ with this one...

but ya know, life is real...

I'd be totally lying to say that yesterday after church our children acted like little saints and we enjoyed a calm peaceful meal as a family after church and we spent the day loving on one another in a peaceful and relaxing afternoon.

Yes, not quite..
I mean we did have a lovely afternoon and enjoyed being together, but in true Martinez Family fashion... there was no candlelight dinners or peaceful lunches... we jumped on the trampoline, wrestled with the kids, lots of screaming and lots of laughter.
Tony was tearful and I think just emotionally exhausted (I have his permission to say that, as long as I never bring it up again).
It was a great day, a day of praising our Lord and lifting up my man.

So, now... a testimony... of motherhood...

I promised my mom I wouldn't blog about this but it really is too funny and too real not to share with my closest friends and whoever else might read this and find humor in this very real part of being a mom with small children.

Saturday, Tony worked all day.
The kids and I had errands to run, lots of running around.
We left the house at 9 and went to the pharmacy, to the grocery store, to my grandparents house, back home to put dinner in the crockpot and eat lunch, then out again to hit up the fabric shop (great sales over Veteran's Day Weekend), then to another store so the kids could spend their money and get a small toy. Then when Tony got home my mom, grandma and I headed to Lowes...

So- while we were out running all these errands I kept smelling a strange smell...

(yes, mom, I'm going to blog about this- I know, I know).

I couldn't tell what the smell was, you know that smell when you leave your clothes in the washer for too long?

It was kinda' like that...

I kept smelling my shirt, it really wasn't my shirt...

I was smelling my hair,

I have told people before that my hair captures scents, if we are at a BBQ or a bonfire my hair will hold onto the scent for days, even when I wash it...

I kept smelling my hair, it wasn't my hair...

I couldn't figure out where this scent was coming from but there was most definitely a scent...

I kept asking the kids, do you smell that?

Surely I wasn't the only one too smell it?

we ran errands all morning and after lunch the scent was getting worse...

By this point I thought I was going crazy,

I was smelling everything around me.

Why was I the only one smelling it?

I scratched my neck and this orange slime was on my hand, under my nails...
I smelled it... the scent!

What in the world!?

Well, come to find out... earlier that morning Troy was begging for a cheese stick, I decided this wasn't a battle worth fighting so a cheese stick for breakfast was fine with me...

My son, my son... he put the left over cheese stick in my shirt...

this is Troy's safe place for all things important.

I've gone to Publix with a HotWheels in my bra

church only to find a toy solider stuffed in my top

but a cheese stick takes it to a whole new level...

I've had applesauce in my hair

green beans on my pants

even a fruit chew stuck on the bottom of my shoe

but a cheese stick in my bra!?

I screamed once I realized what it was melted all inside my shirt and my neck.

Troy giggled and I wondered how many people noticed this melted cheese on my chest and failed to inform me?

My only comfort was I had been wearing a jacket most of the morning...

OOOOHHH TROY!!!

So, needless to say, I got a shower and we were off again and no more cheese sticks for Troy.

Isn't motherhood just the greatest?

2 comments:

  1. Oh Troy!!!! Crazy boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to find you, Holly! I thought I had lost my mind and you had retired the "blogs" with FB :(
    Troy, Troy!! Love him! Hey, honestly, what safer place is there than mom's shirt for such a treasure as a cheese stick? Love to you all :)

    ReplyDelete