Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Eve 2011

The house is quiet... a rare moment in the Martinez House.
I'm soaking it in...
My man came home from work a little early, he was completely exhausted...
the kids played 'puppy dog and kitty cat' (a game they can often be found playing)and I snuggled in next to my man, in all of three minutes he was lovingly snoring in my ear.
I got the kids settled in bed earlier than normal.
Candles and Christmas music set the tone for my late night Thanksgiving cooking.
I wasn't planning on blogging until after the holiday but then again I wasn't planning on the house being so still either.
As I tucked my monsters in their beds tonight. I asked them to tell me some of the things they are thankful for.

Troy's list looked something like this (in no particular order)...
Muddy Trucks
Jesus
Sophia being re-dick-a-less (ridiculous)
Mommy and Daddy
Cookies
Poppa's fishing hole
my sister's medicine (I thought this was quite profound)
Chick-a-lay (chick fil a)
my bunk bed with sissy (best investment I ever made!)
my family and my dog


Sophia's list looked something like this (again, no particular order)....
my Daddy
God and Jesus
The Bible
America
the hospitals
Mr. Herb (I am going to have to write a blog about this guy- he seems to make all of Sophia's lists)
homeschool and co-op
my church
my Momma
Mimi, GrandDaddy and Aunt Lannie, my whole family
JazzyBell (our dog)
my fish (his name changes every week, we just call him 'fish')
Christmas
sea horses
I'm just thankful for Thanksgiving


I had to blog these, because there is no way I want to forget this.

We have so much to be thankful for this year. So, much to be thankful for every year. When I think of all the blessings we have, all that we have to be thankful for I think about the verse in Matthew,

"Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." Matthew 19:24

May we be humbled, while we contemplate on all that we are thankful for don't forget to acknowledge where it comes from. He deserves all the glory.

This Thanksgiving I am thankful for...
grace and mercy-
without grace and mercy from our heavenly father we would all fall short. It is through grace we receive the gift of salvation. This has never been more clear in my life. I am also thankful for the grace my family and friends extend from the Father too me, Lord, He knows I need it.
forgiveness-
the one act that we can do that closely aligns us with our savior. freedom and promise that forgiveness gives.
second chances-
as we are about to embark on an opportunity to rebuild our life on this Earth, I am so thankful for the opportunity to start over, the opportunity to do things right
church-
I've prayed many years for a church home where we could plant some roots; where my children could grow, where my husband would feel comfortable and where I could be involved, this year we found that and I could not be happier.
family and friends-
oh my sweet family, we may not always see eye to eye but we love one another. I treasure the lessons our parents instilled in us, while blood is thicker than water, love is thicker than blood. And too my friends, I have many acquaintances but only a few that I would call my friends. I am so blessed by your presence in my life, you truly are the family that God let me pick. :)
I love you all.

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment