Monday, January 18, 2010

Bestest Crafty Project Yet!

Sooo.. I have been ever so anxious to figure out what to do with the old crib.
Both of my little darlings slept in this crib and since we are not going to have anymore children I was pretty emotional when my brother and best friend Kati came to help me take it down. Well, they took it down. I paced in the living room. Anyway, since then the crib has sat in the garage. I knew I wanted to keep it but wasn't sure what exactly to do with it. I want to be able to use the crib again, someday, my sister will have a baby and without a doubt I will need a crib for my little niece or nephew for when they sleep over. But my sister is only 20 and in college so that may be a while...
Kati knew of my heart break and sent me a link to a website showing some 'reuse' ideas. Stealing some ideas from a couple different places... here is what I came up with...


Took the crib springs, I brushed them with a copper but it didn't really come out. I have a lot of black iron stuff around the house so this worked. I did see a website that had springs painted white, but that wouldn't have matched for me. I took clothes pins and took fabric from two of the kids baby sleepers and cut and glued the fabric onto the pins.


Then added a few other heart felt pieces, like Sophi's baby crib shoe and Troy's brown boot. Along with their newborn hats...
It made me sad putting it all together, but I'm so glad that it is done and turned out so beautiful. Maybe one of those craft ideas that only the mother understands but I love it and I'm sure it will be a great conversation piece in our great room.




Let me know what you think...
Also, I still have the other parts of the crib for someday when my sister has a baby for me. Yes, for me. ;)

4 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!!! What a fantastic idea!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO proud of you and I LOVE it! Great job. I love how the clips' fabric is from their clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so creative!! LOVE this idea :)

    ReplyDelete