Sunday, January 31, 2010

A strange strange weekend...

Not bad, good weekend actually. Strange though...
First I worked and everyone was in a very strange mood at work. Patients, nurses, doctors... maybe the full moon. Then on Saturday the kids and I were in the house I always leave the front windows in the kitchen open. Troy made a pine cone bird feeder at the library and it hangs on the tree out front. The kids like to look out the window and see if the birds are out in the bird bath or getting food from the pine cone. Troy calls it a 'bird eater' haha. Well, I saw some kids, teenage boys, playing out front at the house next door. They don't live there but those neighbors often have other kids over on the weekends. I was getting the kids a snack and Troy was in the kitchen with me when he says, "my bird eater!" I looked and there were the kids taking down Troy's bird feeder in our yard. I told the kids to sit at the table I'd be right back. When I opened the door the boys ran into the garage of the house next door. I said, "hey!" and walked over there. Sophi and Troy were looking out the window. I caught the boys in the driveway and asked them why they felt the need to take our pine cone down from our tree. The kid tried to get smart with me saying, 'well mam, I don't know why you have a pine cone in your tree in the first place but it killed that squirrel so I was removing it so that other squirrels didn't have to die' I didn't even notice the dead squirrel that was laying next to the pine cone on the ground.. then it dawns on me. They were unhooking the bird feeder so they could hang the squirrel from the string. And- the squirrel was NOT killed by the pine cone bird feeder, it had been in the road dead, I noticed it earlier that morning. This made me more angry. Who does something like that!? I talked to those kids then went in the house. After calming down to a more rational place I went over and spoke with the mom. She was very upset and made the boys come get the squirrel and bury it, they also hung the bird feeder back up. Personally, I would have them made write letters apologizing for there actions as well but no one asked me. I know boys will be boys, kids playing practical jokes is one thing, but with dead animals is another. Ugh!!! Creepy. No matter what anyone says there is no excuse for that kind of behavior. I am so glad I caught them and my poor babies didn't have to go out of the house and witness a dead squirrel hanging from our tree. I can't imagine how terrible that would be for Sophi and Troy. What is wrong with people!!!
Then, someone I know, an acquaintance, not a close friend, stole $2 from me. I caught them and then they tried to lie about it!! How freaking crazy is that!!?? It was $2!!! This is not a person who would need to steal $2 either. This is a wealthy stay at home mother who has a nice house and drives a nice car. Not someone who NEEDS to go around stealing $2 for food or some other necessary item.
What is going on this weekend!!
So other than that it was an amazing weekend full of family togetherness and lots of laughs!
I am taking Troy to a play date tomorrow morning after we drop Sophi off at school.

I don't understand it! Strange things are going on... hopefully the strange will stop and the fun will continue.

1 comment:

  1. WOW, I would definitely say strange is a good way to describe that weekend. Bizarre, ha!

    ReplyDelete