Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Cooking Tuesday...

Everyone has there own twist on Chili, I love hearing how people make Chili, my dad won't tell me his wonderful recipe but someday I'll get it out of him... he makes the best Chili I've ever had!
I make a turkey chili, you can use beef though. I just figured we eat enough beef in this house; hamburgers, spaghetti...
So here is how we make "Southwest Turkey Chili" -those of you from the 'Southwest' don't laugh at my 'southwest chili' I'm sure I'd laugh at your "BBQ" recipes. ;)

Here's what you need... ground turkey, can of corn, can of kidney beans or chili beans, can of diced tomatoes, chili powder, and 1 cup of shredded cheese Mexican blend





Combine all ingredients in the crock pot while you brown the meat in the skillet.




Add the meat. Set the crock pot to low/medium and leave it until you are ready to eat. I like to let it sit at least 4 hours. Check and add water if necessary, I never do though.



I make the original Jiffy corn muffins but I add one can of drained corn to the mix. The kids love that the muffins have 'real' corn inside. ;)

So, it is simple. Not a fancy recipe but it tastes soo good. When the kids are not eating the Chili, I like to make it spicy by using a can of diced tomatoes with green peppers instead of the plain diced tomatoes.

Easy on the pocket book too. I had enough Chili for my family, my mom and dad, still with a bowl left over for today's lunch. The whole pot costs about $8 but if you look for sale prices you can save much more.

I'm going to attempt to share a recipe every Tuesday so check in for new ideas.

1 comment:

  1. You didn't sasve me any???? :( I will definitely have to make this. Sounds easy enough!!!

    ReplyDelete