Monday, January 25, 2010

ready to say goodbye to cold and flu season

Last week was a bit chaotic.
The biggest baby, my husband, was sick. Sophia continues to cough and be congested, she's been sick since Christmas. Finally Wednesday night her immune system gave in and she had at least one seizure. She had one on Saturday too. Her immune system was down and has been for a while. She also is at this turning point with nap time. She doesn't really 'need' a nap. I mean, she is OK to stay away all day but her body needs the rest. Coughing all night doesn't help her get rest too. We have "quiet time" but the majority of the time she is up and down with ten thousand excuses why she needs to be awake and out of bed. We went back to the doctor on Thursday and she is on a steroid for the coughing fits and some heavy decongestant and cough suppressants. She has built up quite the tolerance to medication though, it doesn't knock her out the way it used too. Little stinker. She seems to be doing better now. Not coughing as much and sleeping better. Thursday she took a three hour nap! Whoo whoo! So did I.
Tony ended up at urgent care on Saturday... finally, he has been sick since the start of the new year. He got a Zpack and some cough medication. He is starting to feel better.
My throat started hurting Saturday night, took a great nap on Sunday and felt a lot better. I think I'm so sleep deprived on the nights I work just needed some extra ZZZZZs. Throat is still a little scratchy but doing the whole gargling with salt water, napping, and drinking lots of orange juice, I am determined to not be sick again.
Needless to say we are ready to say goodbye to cold and flu season.
We all took lots of naps over the weekend. Well, everyone but Sophi. She says 'God makes me not tired' OK blame God. :)
We went to church yesterday then to lunch with my grandparents and my mom. My grandma treated us all to Olive Garden. So sweet of her. Troy was quite the entertainment yesterday at lunch. He is starting to talk more and more. He says all kinds of funny stuff. When I correct him for something he covers his eyes and acts sad then he'll look up and point his finger at me and say 'no momma!'
I'm up early this morning. We had some tornado warnings in our area, but it started with both the kids getting up because they wet the bed. Lovely! First Sophia "I'm damp, I didn't pee the bed, I'm just damp from something" Then Troy, "I wet, I pooped, I wet, oh no!" Got the kids clean jammie's, clean sheets, back to bed. Then wind and rain more wind and rain... checked the news and tornado warnings.
Sorry about 'Cooking Tuesday' no recipes last week. Not much cooking going on last week with all the sickies no one really wanted to eat my food. I did make a really yummy french toast casserole, tasted more like a desert than a dinner though. Check in tomorrow for a recipe. My friend Laura is going to bring her daughter over to play in the morning I may sneak out while she is here and run to the grocery store and get something yummy for the crock pot.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, hope your house gets on the mend soon. Love you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete