Monday, October 27, 2008

Finally some rest...



I have to say that all there is to do here is be online, so if you find that I am blogging lots in the next two days that is why! We finally got some Mac N Cheese and the nurse even brought her some chocolate ice cream. She is doing her best to be happy. I am trying to catch the joyful moments on film. While they were wrapping her head you could see that she would try to fight back tears but she never did cry. I hate that she has to be brave, but proud that she is. I suggested a nap and she told me "I am not sleeping here" I told her we would be sleeping here for the next couple days, she didn't want anything to do with that saying "you can, but I am not staying here." That hard-headed child, I don't know where she gets it from!? Must be her dad. She ate, gave her toys a bath (Winnie the Pooh toys from her Aunt Jo Jo), watched a movie, was ooohhh so fussy, and then finally feel asleep. The monitor for the test, who is upstairs watching her on a video, called down and told me that she shakes her head to much and she was pulling the wires too much... ok, well, I bet if you had all that crap on your head you'd pull it too! :)
Have I mentioned that we have great family and friends- Mimi came over this morning before we left for the hospital to visit with her. Auntie Rie sent her some special princess socks to wear that say "little stinker" on the bottom and some awesome stickers that I am doing my best to save for tomorrow. Emily made her the sweetest gift bag of little wrapped gifts which we are opening one when she gets fussy and needs a distraction. Megan is bringing Gracie to visit and to eat tonight so that is something she can look forward too. Tony is calling often and doing an excellent job with Troy. I miss him but I know he is happy with his daddy- they are going to try and come tomorrow. It is so great to have such caring people around us. Phone calls, emails, prayers- it all means so much. Thanks.

3 comments:

  1. Thank heavens they finally that poor child!!! Dang it - that makes me crazy!
    Glad to hear that you have so much support out there. I'm thinking about you both and praying from way out WEST!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, fed that poor child, sorry! I get so mad I can't type fast enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad things are going well! Funny she says you can stay here but I am not! That cracks me up! She is too cute! I am glad you are able to update, I have had you guys on my mind all day! Praying for the next few days to go fast....! I can only imagine trying to keep a 3 year old content in the hospital with wires stuck all over her head. YIKES MOMMA! Praying!!!
    Tami and Paige
    PS--If you get bored, I am at work tomorrow (boring) and will be on email!

    ReplyDelete