Saturday, October 18, 2008

My boy's day.




Today was Troy's day. It was a wonderful day. You know how I feel about birthdays... it was a beautiful day to celebrate our son's life and the joy he has brought our lives. We had the party at a local park and it was perfect. Family and some friends were there to play, eat, and be together. It was a great day. Tony and I have a lot going on right now, a lot going on at his job, the economy, a lot going on with Sophia, lots of praying- but my prayers last night were answered and I was able to focus on the joy of my son's first birthday and not worry about anything else. I commited one day to not stress about the things going on in our life right now... it was wonderful. It really was perfect.

4 comments:

  1. I'm very happy to read this. I think it went very well and everyone had fun. Troy was so cute digging into his cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks just amazed at everything - I love that! What a cute cake!
    I think all of us are with you as far as lots of prayers right now for lots of unknowns. Everything from children and their med changes to economy to the right person running our country getting into office. We are all one!
    So glad you got to spend the day with no worries, what a beautiful blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is such a QT!! I am soo glad you guys had such a great time! Glad that you put the worries behind for the day!! Worries can wait, great memories cannot!!
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that cake, what a cool idea! Did you do it yourself?

    I'm glad it was a good day, sometimes it's exactly what we need, to unplug and just be.

    We're praying for you, Tony, Troy and Sophia, especially in the coming weeks!

    ReplyDelete