Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sophia weaning off seizure meds

I updated earlier about the neurologist calling with a date for Sophia's EEG study. I spoke with them again later in the day and they informed me that I needed to start weaning her off of all seizure meds as of tomorrow. At first I was over joyed at the thought, then quickly came the overwhelming fear of what the 5 days before the EEG that she will have no meds in her system will be like. It was been about a year and a half since I have seen her on no seizure meds. During that time she had febrile seizures and absence seizures and focal seizures... needless to say I am slightly nervous. Also, so excited at the possiblity of seeing this beautiful girl off of all medicaiton. If during this time and the 72 hour study she has no seizure activity there is a possiblity that they will keep her off of the Trileptal and only use the Diastat and Clonezapam as needed. Lots of things to think about, I am going to try and not think about it... :)
I took some darling pictures of the kids today but I left my camera in Troy's room and I am not going to chance trying to get it and accidently wake him. So look for a picture blog from me tomorrow documenting our fun night while the kids were helping me make dinner, breakfast for dinner, pancakes.

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh girl. I would be anxious too. But this could be really great for her. I hope that it does turn out that way! Can't wait to see you at the park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, we love breakfast for dinner too :) I am getting to a point where I am sick of meds, I was so sad to read that you'll have to go through the scary changing of Sophia's. I'm praying she does okay, and that all goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete