Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Happy Anniversary to me.

God has blessed my life with these beautiful people He has perfectly placed in it.
'Kingdom Thinking', understanding that God gives us circumstance, people, situations, everything to better glorify Him. So that we may look at our life in the past, present, and to the future knowing it is His will.
God has placed us here, in this time to be an example to others, to be a helping hand, to be a flicker of His great light to a dark world.


Tomorrow Tony and I will be celebrating our fourth wedding anniversary. We area going to be spending the morning together with the kids then in the afternoon taking off to Sky Venture for some indoor skydiving, then dinner, before coming home to put the kids to bed. I am so excited. Tony and I both have a very physical and adventurous spirit, I am so glad that God perfectly picked Him for me.
Thinking back on the last four years... "two babies, two houses, at least five cars", as my grand daddy said this afternoon, it's been way more than five... Tony had a thing for cars, I had a thing for wrecking cars... we have been through a lot of cars. Now, we have a minivan and a Camry- a far cry from his cherry red mustang cobra convertible and my BIG Nissan Armada.
Funny to think back isn't it?
I remember when my main concern was if I was going to see Tony at church on Wednesday nights, at 15 I didn't want to go to church if my major crush wasn't going to be there, are you kidding!?
Tony and I have been together going on 9 years this August, seems like forever. I was 16 when we started dating. High school sweethearts, not quite, he was 21, ahh!! He didn't realize how old I was for a short while... I tried to keep that my little secret for as long as I could. By the time he found out, he was so captivated by my beauty there was no running. :) You believe that!? :)
I'd like to think I was that mature, but I think he was that immature.. either way we were a good match, still are, most days. ;)
Lots of rules in the beginning, yes rules... 16 and 21, my mom wasn't going for it. I wouldn't either. Let's just bow our heads right now and pray Sophia never falls for the 21 year old preacher's son at church, and let's pray if she does he won't fall for her! Not kidding, pray!
Yes, a preacher's son!! I know making matters worse right! No, he was a good guy, OK no, he was a guy. :) I adored him, you would have thought he hung the moon. I still adore him. I sometimes can't believe that it really happened. I had been goo goo eyed over him since I was 13- he never knew I existed. JERK! A sun tan, new hair do, and boobs, and I magically appeared... he is a guy right!? Anyway, he finally realized I existed and we were inseparable.
I remember being in high school, he never would step foot in a homecoming or prom, he never discouraged me from going though. He said, he wanted me to experience high school so that I wouldn't regret it later. I hated high school. I wish I had embraced it more. I was a swimmer and Tony came to every swim meet he could, I always did horrible at the meets he came too though. I remember my coach asking him to not come to the bigger meets, she told him he was a distraction- can you believe that!? He would wait in his blue mustang GT for me to get out of swim practice and we would ride all around our small town... I was never happier than riding in that car with him.
College was a blast! I loved being in college, I was engaged, we had so much fun, we had jobs, money, we lived it up! Movies, theme parks, the beach, we went everywhere together.
Then, we got married... funny how that sounds, 'then we got married'... it was great!! We went to Cancun for our honeymoon. It was the best! It was the first time we had gone away anywhere together, alone- ALONE!! It was great! What a fun time. We went hiking in the rain forest, swimming in the ocean, we went in a submarine, saw ancient temples, it was a fun. Something I will never forget, something I can't wait to do again, someday.
After we were married for 4 months, I remember laying in bed one night and I said... "I want to have a baby"... WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!?? Just kidding, I knew my baby girl would be the perfect addition to our family, and forever change our lives- and yes she did. 6 weeks later, I was pregnant.. fertile murtile... 41 weeks later, Sophia Ann was born. 25 months after that Troy Anthony was born... and now 4 years and counting....
Can't help but love him!!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary you little lovebirds! What a great story, and remember, our children give us three times the amount of grief that we gave our own parents -- I feel sorry for you missypants, LOL! Thank you for sharing such a sweet, romantic story - I'm so glad you've been brought into my life to share such sweetness! I hope you guys are having a fabulous day and I hope tomorrow will bring many wonderful memories to add to the hopper! May God Bless you and your beautiful family with another year filled with health, happiness, love and prosperity -- Happy Anniversary my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary and many, many more to come :) xoxo

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete