Wednesday, July 16, 2008

no Indian Dancing.. Sea World instead...

Me and the kids in the Wild Arctic =)


Today we didn't end up seeing the Indian Dancers, turns out you had to "preregister" with the public library to see them. Maybe next year, I guess they come every summer, now I know. Luckily, we didn't waste time going, I called in the morning to make sure I had the correct time and was informed of the "preregistration process" by a very grouchy woman who just so happened to be "in charge of the summer program", how nice for her. :)

We did go to Sea World though!! Even better! Tony told me this morning, at 6:45am, while I was trying to sneak in a few more minutes before getting up, that he was off work today. News to me, I love how he doesn't tell him his schedule until that day. Anyway, we decided to use our season passes to Sea World today. So, we loaded up and went to see Shamu.

On the way there Sophia was telling us about how when she was a little baby she rode on a while with Jesus and He dropped her out of the sky and mommy caught her.... what an imagination she has! Oh, she also told us that she drank the whale's milk, but the whale wasn't magic, Jesus is magic- oh my!

We had a fun time. We have decided since we have season passes and it is relatively close, no point in stressing to do everything in one day. We knew we wanted to do a couple things we didn't get to do last time so we had a plan- we went to Wild Arctic, we saw Beluga Whales, Polar Bears, and a walrus. We also went to Shamu's Happy Harbor which is a section that has a water part for the kids to play in and rides for smaller kids. Oh- and you can't go to Sea World with Sophia without seeing the mommy and baby dolphins, in the dolphin nursery.

It was perfect. We went played and were home by 2pm for a short nap before Nonnie came over to watch the kids so Tony and I could go to the gym together(more about that later). It was a wonderful family day.

Hope everyone had a Happy Wednesday!


If you'd like to see all the pictures from this day... click the link below and check out our slide show.

2 comments:

  1. I am, personally, very glad that you guys traded in the indian dances for Sea World -- good trade!! I've seen enough indians dancing for all of us - it's more interesting for adults than kiddos I think!

    Great, great wonderful fun pictures! I love them - thank you for sharing them! The whale story - I think that child has a super imagination which means she is going to be super creative when she's growing up. You better watch out, she'll have you tongue tied with her stories.
    xoxo sweet babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly, I got a blog now! Looks like Sophi and I have the same favorite animal - dolphins!! I'm glad you guys had fun at Sea World, the best place ever! See you soon!
    -Gabrielle

    ReplyDelete