Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My little prima ballerina




I have to share my little ballerina with you. Let me start off by saying... she never smiles when she is dancing ballet. She is very serious about it. I snapped about fifteen pictures of her and not one of them was she smiling. She was dancing very slowly all around the living room doing all sorts of moves but she wouldn't smile. She was concentrating on her dancing.
Sophia has loved ballet for a while now. Our neighbor, Madeline is a ballerina. Sophia adores her and from the first time we saw Madeline walking to her ballet class Sophia wanted to be a ballerina just like Madeline. That was her incentive for being potty trained. We made a deal that if she got potty trained then she could take ballet classes. We went and bought big girl panties, a leotard, tights, and slippers. We put the panties in the drawer and hung the ballet stuff in her closet. Once she was really using the potty like a big girl she got to wear her leotard and slippers. We signed her up for ballet classes in July. The first day was last Thursday. I don't know what happened to her that day but she woke up really cranky and just couldn't get it together, we didn't end up making it into ballet class. We will try again in August. I was really disappointed, she was disappointed the next day, I knew it was something she really wanted to do, but for whatever reason (could have been medicine) she was emotional and really moody. I have noticed her medicine amplifies normal two year old behavior- when she is moody and having a 'two year old moment' it is extreme (it lasts longer and the emotions go sky high). Anyway, she will have plenty of opportunities to start dance classes. In the meantime, she is practicing all around the house. It is so cute.

Hope everyone is having a nice week. We are going to an Indian dance show tomorrow at the local library. I am sure I'll have some fun stories to share when we get back from that. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Cute, cute -- I love that she doesn't smile when she's dancing. Ballerina's normally don't smile when they dance...it's hard work! I'm so sorry to hear that she missed the first class, that breaks my heart. You're such a good mommypie! Indian dance huh? I'll be curious to hear...Hope you guys have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!! Paige does ballet too. There is a lady who comes to there preschool and does it there. It is very convenient! Sheloves it. This is the first summer she has done it during the summer and there are only 2 girls signed up (1 being Paige) but hse is doing ballet and jazz. Paige really love it too. It is soo cute to watch them at the recitals! Sophs looks like she has really good balance!! Paige has always been miss drama queen, very moody!! It is a girl thang!!
    Tami

    ReplyDelete