Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Angry Housewife: On Hallucinations (you know you've had them!)

I was in desperate need of a trip alone to the grocery store (see Angry Housewife: on what a break really is), I knew I wasn't going to get a day at the spa so a trip to the grocery store would have to do. On this particular day, "M" was off work. I waited all day, literally from 8am-4pm for him to stop cleaning the garage so that he could watch his children so that I could go to the grocery store alone. Yes, a clean garage is nice, but for an angry housewife,who is in desperate need of a trip alone, the garage can wait when a child-free grocery trip is in order. So the day wore on and on and on and on... sidewalk chalk, bubbles in the yard, nap time, more sidewalk chalk, more bubbles... ok, I'd like to go to the grocery store, NOW.
At this point, I was planning which route to take to the grocery store would take the longest to travel, which in mommy world equals more time alone. I had it figured that I would go to Walmart instead of my normal hot spot because it was farther away and would require more time spent wondering the aisles. Now, if he had just let me go in the morning like I wanted; he wouldn't have to worry about me traveling 17.2 miles to get groceries.
I decided to feed that kids and give them their bath. I was dressed and ready to head out to the grocery store, yes, I got dressed up to go to the grocery store.. I don't get out much, this was a big deal. After feeding the children, my dressed up, was dressed dirty; applesauce in my hair, banana mush on my jeans, and I smelled like a hot dog. I was furious at this point, I marched into the garage to find out exactly how many more hours, minutes, seconds he was going to be in there... we decided that I was going to bathe the kids and when I got them out he'd be inside and ready to take over (Take Over, means sit on the couch with two feed, bathed children, watch cartoons until mom gets home to put them to bed). After the bath, my dressed up which was then dressed dirty was now dressed wet. Completely soaked my hair was frazzled, my shirt was wet, my jeans had banana mush and baby soap, and yes after all of that I still smelled like a hot dog.
At this point I began hallucinations; yes I hallucinated. My children, both naked, ran into the playroom screaming and laughing like wild Indians. They were jumping on the couch and then flying in air landing on the bean bags. I started to try and control the madness when it consumed me. My beautiful fresh smelling little cherubs appeared to grow wings from their shoulder blades and fly around the playroom screaming. Their big brown eyes turned a fire red color. They reminded me of other creatures from the Wizard of Oz, you know the ones who worked for the witch?? I had to get out of there! I left the clothes and diapers on the floor, walked down stairs, grabbed the keys and the cell phone and told "M" I was leaving. He didn't question me, he just said "have a nice time"; He knew better! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are back and with a vengenance it sounds???? haha!!! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmmmm, I think you slipped on the last paragraph - just a thought - not insulting your intelligence, promise ;)

    ReplyDelete