Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Complimenting My Intellect

Now, my darling husband. This blog is for you.
I am always flattered by your compliments, really I am.
However- you had to know there was going to be a however; when we are standing in the laundry room and you mention how smart because I clipped a plastic bag to the side of the dryer to be used as a trash bag for you to empty the lint catcher, that is NOT a compliment. Has my intelligence been limited to the lint catcher and a plastic bag!
Why not compliment how smart I am that I have a degree in Education, just because I am currently not using it doesn't mean that I don't have the knowledge.
Yes, I am smart enough to pretend that the spatula is a surgical tool to save the life of a my little pony.
I am smart enough to remember everyone in this family birthdays, anniversary, and special events.
My brain retains the information of height, weight, age, shirt size, pants size, shoes size, sock size, and underwear size of every person living under this roof.
I remember things like how old the kids were when they got their first teeth, said their first words, took their first step... if that isn't a compliment of one's intellect I don't know what is.
My brain retains more information than GOOGLE, my dear.
So my darling husband, the next time you feel like complimenting how smart I am, please refrain from using the plastic bag attached to the dryer an an example.
I do adore you though, my sweet love. ;) And thank you for all the compliments ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment