Wednesday, April 1, 2009

exhausted

I slept all night and woke up tired. I can't remember the last time I slept ALL night. Troy slept, Sophia slept, the dog slept. :) I know lots of you are checking up on here for updates so- to make a very very long day short....
Sophia went to the doctor, they did an EEG, it showed abnormalities (unlike anything before), as she is getting older her epilepsy is able to been seen more on the EEGs, this was a grand mal epileptic seizure and because it lasted so long it is not safe for her to not be on medication. They started her last night on Lamictal. She will take one pill at night for 2 weeks, then move up to one and night and on in the morning. We will go back to the doctor in one month.
There is a lot more to this.. lots involved, lots of emotions, but quite frankly, I am worn out and completely drained so I will write more, but it will have to be later. I just wanted to update those of you who are checking in for updates.
Thanks guys. Continue to pray for her. We didn't realize the severity of this situation and there was comfort in ignorance up until now. Today will be a day to rest and adjust to this new concept. It is all very frightening. We will pray that God will intervien and he is the ultimate healer, we also need to accept and care for her properly so today we are switching gears so to speak.
God Bless you all and thanks so much for the phone calls, emails, and letters.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Holly. I had no idea things with Sophi had gotten so rough. I have been out of the loop a little bit. I read through most of your posts today and it truly brought tears to my eyes. Happy tears becaues you and Tony are being so strong and great parents, sad tears to imagine that sweet little angel going through something like this. You all with be in our daily prayers and we will pray extra hard, to God to take it all into his hands because He is the ultimate healer.

    Love you and stay strong. I am so sorry I am late!

    ReplyDelete