Friday, April 10, 2009

Two Kids, One Mom, and a Gas Station Bathroom

The title alone, I am sure has put fear in the minds of mothers who are reading this.
Let me tell you my friend, fear isn't the word.
Going a bit stir crazy we decided to venture out today. Me and my two little darlings ventured out to the local mall and saw the Easter Bunny. My daughter, who I am sure is going to be a politician, must have talked to everyone in the whole entire mall at least one time. There were moments when we would walk past people and she would say "Didn't I just see you in that other store?" I don't know how many people she asked, "Do you know my name?" Ah!
After our exciting outing we started the journey home. This would not have taken very long had it not been for the terrible road construction that added an extra 1/2 an hour onto our drive time. So there we sat, stuck in traffic and my gas light comes on; yes I am aware that I shouldn't have let it get that low but these things happen. So, we sit, I begin to pray.. pray that the car doesn't run out of gas. Then my daughter... "this chocolate milk is hurting my tummy, I think I have to poop".... oh no. As I quickly navigate the road construction I find a gas station! Hurray. I pump gas and my daughter sits in the car and says, "I'm gonna poop, I can't wait till we get home!" Ok, so I load the kids out of the car... "hold hands in the parking lot" off we go. Yes, into the gas station bathroom; better than pooping her pants.. I guess. We proceeded to the bathroom where I informed my children "don't touch anything" I really should NOT have spoken those words to my 1 1/2 year old son who seeks every oppurtunity to defy anything I say.
I thought if I let him hold the keys it may keep his hands occupied so he won't touch anything. WRONG! As soon as I was lifting my little girl onto the potty that I had covered in toilet paper he tossed the keys into the trash can and speared his clean, innocent little hands down the side of the trash can. AHHH!!!
My daughter screamed "He's Hands Have Germs!" I grabbed him and held his hands in the air. While I told my daughter to hurry and finish so we could get out of there. Poor girl, I mean really, you can't rush these things. He then proceeded to look at me smiling that evil little 'I'm not listening to you' smile, and rubbed his hands all over the wall. Worst of all... while I was occupied helping my baby girl get off the potty and he..
you ready moms..
he sat on the bathroom floor and rubbed his hands on the ground!
Well, all I have to say is THANK GOD for antibacterial hand soap. My daughter was mortified! Crying about the germs on her bubba's hands.
We ended up exiting the bathroom with my son soaked from the broken faucet that sprayed him while I was trying to wash his hands and my daughter completely disgusted at her brother's behavior.
So, at all costs, avoid gas station bathrooms with children!!!

2 comments:

  1. I would have been absolutely horrified! Mortified! I guess that's why God invented soap, for such unavoidable pit stops. Happy Easter, angry housewife - hope the Bunny brings you a special treat ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the Easter Bunny brings something to take away that anger, haha!!!!! And maybe some extra antibacterial soap!!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete