Thursday, April 9, 2009

sleep deprivation

Night after night after night after night of being awaken by children,
by the dog,
by a snoring husband,
by the neighbors dog.
Sometimes I wonder if I will ever sleep the night through again.
I have been extremely sleep deprived as of recent, ok, maybe not as of recent maybe from the last 4 years!
I have done all kinds of crazy things in my sleep deprivation.
I have put the telephone in the freezer.
I have put a carton of milk in the microwave.
I have seen my son put a waffle in the DVD player and not even get off the couch to stop him.
I have told the mechanic that called to tell me my car was done that I loved him and I'd see him soon... oh, the embarrassing things I have done from sleep deprivation.
I have even hit the mailbox. I just continued to drive while the mailbox scratched the side of my car, all the while my daughter sat in her car seat and said "mommy, you are hitting the mailbox!" I my brain just couldn't tell my foot to stop pushing the gas petal.
All because of sleep deprivation.
I even revealed "M's" true identity in the last paragraph of the last blog. I guess the secret it out... It's Tony. I'm Holly. ;) Thank you Anonymous for drawing this to my attention. I guess I can import my blog now, I've been sick of having two accounts anyway. Somehow I knew I wouldn't be able to keep this up for long. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment