Saturday, April 11, 2009

Boy Brains

Have you ever heard the phrase "boy brain"?
Well, I used to hear my mother say this when I was younger. I then started telling my daughter this when she would get upset about something her brother did.
Now, my 3 year old looks at her brother and says, "what's wrong with him?? it's he's boy brain again momma!" (Yes, we are working on the pronouns)
A few days ago it dawned on me, just how destructive little boys are. I was preparing my home for guests to arrive. Not that I live like a pig or that things must look perfect but I do want things to look nice when company comes. Now, I understand that my daughter is two years older than my son but even when she was his age she was not near as destructive as my son. He climbs on everything and if he gets his grubby little hands on something consider it ruined! So, while I was running around cleaning (where was "M" who knows!???) my daughter sat quietly with a book on the couch and my son... climbed onto the table and threw a coffee mug off the table. Yes, it got all over the floor but this child is precise in his aim, it went all over the tile, the carpet, the wall, and the ceramic cup even hit his sister on the foot! She screamed and I ran over to check her foot. While I ran to check and make sure there was "no blood" my son climbs off of the chair and proceeds to lay in the coffee and smear it all over the ground.
What is wrong with him!!!??
Oh yea, it's his BOY BRAIN!
I won't stress you with more boy brain stories but one more just for proof the boys are completely different creatures!
I was occupied a few weeks ago taking my daughter to the potty (always the "potty distraction", that may be the next blog). I accidentally left the pantry door open and in the short few moments that I wasn't watching him he got into the pantry and opened a giant bag of rice and dumped it all over the pantry floor. He didn't stop there, no no.. I caught him running through the kitchen and living room and dining room with handfuls of rice throwing them into the air like he was celebrating at a wedding. It looked like he was in fast forward (remember those hallucinations?). Zooming around the kitchen with his tiny legs carrying him as fast as they could, his hands grabbing rice and flinging it across the house.
What's wrong with him!!!??
BOY BRAIN!

Food for thought:According to Producer's Rice Mills,(http://www.producersrice.com/rice/facts.html), there are over 29,000 grains in a pound of long grain white rice. This was a 10lbs bag.... that's over 290,000 grains of rice that were all over my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment